Museum Services & Events Associate
Fraunces Tavern Museum is seeking a responsible and outgoing individual to assist the Museum with weekday evening and weekend events, and occasional admissions and store sales. This position requires a flexible schedule and the professional experience to represent the Museum and ensure the quality of its visitor services and programs. The Museum Services & Events Associate will report to the Director of Education & Public Programs and will work with multiple departments.
- Greeting visitors at the Admissions Desk and providing general information about the museum and exhibitions.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions via ShopKeep.
- Accurately track admissions and visitor statistics.
- Lead Museum tours.
- Maintain Gift Shop stock.
- Accept and sign for packages and assist with Museum mailings.
- Properly close and secure Museum premises at the end of the day.
- Set up/breakdown for public and private events.
- Undergraduate degree in History, Museum Studies, or Art History preferred.
- Experience working in a museum setting, box office, retail or events background.
- Flexible schedule; able to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Experience with Shopkeep preferred but not required.
- Must be comfortable working alone without direct supervision.
- Enjoy interacting with the public.
As a representative of the Museum, the Museum Services Associate must maintain a high level of courtesy and professionalism when interacting with visitors and always be mindful of the Museum’s mission. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, enjoy working with the public and be willing to learn a broad general history.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Place the job title in the email subject line.
No phone calls please. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.