Fraunces Tavern Museum's programming and staff are growing. We have opened a new full time Development Officer position. This essential team member will provide knowledgeable creative energetic leadership to oversee all aspects of institutional development. The Officer will use the strategic plan to create and implement ways to increase support from diversified sources. The Officer will thoroughly understand and be able to articulate to stakeholders the mission, institutional culture, core values, programs and finances.This position provides exceptional growth opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Effectively articulate, in written and in verbal communications, the mission and impact of the institution
- Operate museum membership program
- Create an active planned giving and charitable gifts program
- Develop and implement practices to identify, cultivate, and solicit an active pool of donors
- Manage donor portfolios
- Work in close relationship with Executive Director to solicit and close gifts in support of the museum's unrestricted funds, as well as, programmatic funding
- Solicit annual appeals, capital campaigns, major gifts, and memberships
- Identify viable grant options to further institutional goals & work with individual departments to apply for grants
- Maintain administrative systems including gift recording, acknowledgment tracking, and donor database
- Create and track department budget
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of educational nonprofit development experience. Qualifying skills include the ability to lead and inspire constituent groups, a strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Experience in a history museum a plus.
This position is open until filled.
The position offers a good compensation package with comprehensive benefits.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Portfolio and writing samples may be requested.
Mailed, faxed or dropped off applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please.