Join us September 15-22 for our third annual Spy Week; a week-long celebration of America's Revolutionary War spies! Learn the secrets of America's first spy ring, hear stories of famed spies such as Benjamin Tallmadge and Nathan Hale, and discover the truth about some of the War's unsung heroes who were instrumental in the efforts of Revolutionary espionage.
Week-long special programming will include:
- Daily Revolutionary Spies guided tours (FREE with regular museum admission)
- September 16 - Sympathetic Spies: George Washington’s Eyes and Ears in Lower Manhattan Walking Tour
- September 19 - Special Lecture: The Tragedy of Benedict Arnold by Joyce Malcolm*
- September 21 - Nathan Hale Day Commemoration
- September 22 - Family Day
- September 22 - Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day
- Interactive Exhibition- Confidential: The American Revolution’s Agents of Espionage. Decode a secret message hidden in the object labels!
And there's more! On Saturday, September 15 don't miss our special Partner Program: Culper Spy Day at the Three Village Historical Society in Setauket, Long Island.
The Three Village area is full of hiden intrigue and stories of how America's first spy ring came together secretly to provide General George Washington the information he needed to turn the tide of the American Revolution. Come build your own revolutionary story at Culper Spy Day! 9am-5pm rain or shine, $25. Map included with ticket purchase.